Parents & Citizens (P&C)
The P & C is an active group of parents and community members who work together to support the school. They have a real and positive impact on the school and through their fund raising efforts provide funds which support many school initiatives and programs.
The P & C hold its meetings in the school staffroom on the third Monday of each month at 7.00pm. All parents are invited to attend.
Current executive officers are;
- President - Graham Stuart
- Vice President and Assistant Treasurer - Karen Deveson
- Secretary - Maree Comber
- Correspondence Secretary - Felicity Edwards
- Treasurer - Faythe Arnold
Message from the President
Welcome to Lambton Public School! The P & C (Parents and Citizens Association) encourages parents, carers and family members to be actively involved in the school. There are many ways you can become part of the school community such as helping in the classroom, volunteering in the canteen, assisting with the LEAP Frog garden, joining the P&C or getting to know other families in the school.
The P & C meets monthly with the principal and staff representatives (usually at least one or two of the Assistant Principals) to discuss how we can work together to continue improving the school. Some of the things that we are involved in include;
- Raising funds to benefit students (e.g. buying SMART boards, air conditioning classrooms and supporting special events for students)
- Encouraging parents to feel part of the school community (e.g. a twilight market and concert, special breakfasts for students and their parents and trivia nights)
- Acting as liaisons between families and the school
- Providing families with the opportunity to have input into decisions affecting their children
- Undertaking special projects around the school (e.g., the LEAP Frog Food and Art Garden)
We hope you will feel welcome and know that you are an important part of our school.
© Copyright 2009 - 2013 Lambton Public School